A little bit of everything. (With a twisted sense of humor.) You name it, I take requests.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

thank allah it's raining

i thought i had moved to the desert for a while there, finally, it's raining. i was kind of hoping for a tornado to take out my neighbor's trailer, (since they are tornado magnets) but then my property value would go up.

it's been so dry here. what's really wonderful is that it didn't cool a thing off, and now it's humid as hell. i've been running around in bra and shorts for days now, thank god the only people that stop here on a saturday are jehovah's witnesses.

don't get me started with those bible beaters.

i wonder if any of them sell avon as a backup in case the "end-of-the-world-do-you-want-to-live-in-paradise-literature" falls through. That, or they could sell kirby vacums. My brother used to sell Kirby's and actually did well at it. he told me that the gazing balls that people have in their yards are a dead giveaway. everytime they saw one in a yard and stopped there, they sold one. i wonder what the psychology behind that is.

one funny story is this:

my mother had passed away just a couple months before my brother found his new career. he came to visit and practice his kirby demonstration. he went to my father's bed and sucked all of the hair, skin flakes, you name it, and then he dumped it on the floor. my first reaction was to run to the pile, "mom! is that you? look guys, we can have her cloned." which i thought was pretty funny, and i was suprised, even my dad laughed. i could see that becoming problematic though, if there was some dog dna or something, and you cloned it, you'd wind up with a "The Fly"-like horror story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home